Welcome, welcome, welcome to Episode #29! We're joined by the wonderful Hannah to discuss all things political with a surprise focus (lol) on the left. As someone heavily involved in the Labour political party in the UK, Hannah was the perfect guest to have on to discuss the failings of the left, in particular the historic loss in the 2019 UK election, but also where the left goes from here. Although much of the conversation was centered on the political environment in the UK, much of the lessons Hannah has to share can be applied to politics around much of the Western world. There is a reason this has been our longest episode yet, so please, sit back and enjoy a frank discussion about our broken political system.
Key Message: We need to be better at creating a story that defines the path to a better future, one of increased solidarity and empowered communities.
Some of the topics and ideas we cover today:
- how do we get people interested in politics
- the issue of political alienation
- constructing a shared goal & building solidarity
- what's wrong with a conservative government
- importance of effectively utilizing technology in political movements
- review of UK's Labour Party 2019 election loss
- the power of storytelling & clarity of vision
- rising above "dark side messaging"
- leading the change & empowering people
- politics of the future
- democratization of the workplace
- a broken political system
Full show notes can be found at tomstuandyou.com
Like us on Facebook and Instagram @tomstuandyou or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, thoughts, or queries you have on the topics we’ve discussed or any suggestions of topics you’d like to hear us address.
Thanks so much for your support!