We’re onto Episode #35 and we’re chatting with the architectural wonder that is Mitchell Hattersley! One of Tom’s mates from schooling years in the UK, Mitch has made a name for himself in the architectural world, and now lives in LA specializing in the fanciest of buildings.
Key Message: There is a lot to be optimistic about, we just have to fight for it.
What we talk about in this episode:
- Why study architecture
- Creating feeling with building design
- Pros and cons of working as an architect
- What the creative process looks like
- Sustainability in modern architecture
- 3D printing a shipping container-sized house
- Morality of design work
- US vs UK: differences, similarities
- Why moving to LA made sense
- How the educational system and career counsellors created misrepresentation
- All things politics
- Optimism for the future
Who is Mitch?
Mitch is an Architectural Designer who specialises in high-end, custom homes & retail stores. He is currently based in the sunny city of Los Angeles, California.
You can follow Mitch’s work at the below links:
You can now watch our podcasts on Youtube if you’d prefer to also check us out while listening to our beautiful voices 😉 Head over to our Youtube channel at Tom, Stu and You Podcast
Like us on Facebook and Instagram @tomstuandyou or send us an email at email@example.com with any questions, comments, thoughts, or queries you have on the topics we’ve discussed or any suggestions of topics you’d like to hear us address.
Thanks so much for your support!