Well, well, well, would you look at that? We’re talking about Capitalism again, but this time we’re looking at billionaires. Billionaires are the poster boys for Capitalism, and so much of what we are talking about in this episode is directly critical of the capitalist system in which the concept of billionaires is merely a symptom.
Key Message: Take time to reconsider why it is we believe success equals enormous wealth.
Some of the things we’re talking about in this episode:
- What does a billion even look like?
- Fun facts about billionaires
- How do you become a billionaire?
- What are the problems they represent for society?
- Let’s tax the rich!
- How do the rich avoid paying taxes?
- Who defends the concept of billionaires and why?
- How do we fix it?
- 'Winners Take All': Generous Giving Or Phony Philanthropy?
- World's billionaires have more wealth than 4.6 billion people
- So You Want To Talk About Taxes & The Rich?
- What's Wrong With Being A Billionaire
- Should We Abolish Billionaires?
- What's wrong with billionaires? Here are 5 reasons they're problematic.
- Why a “Billionaire” Wealth Tax Would Hurt the Working Poor and the Middle Class | Mark Hornshaw (this is a great example of a slippery slope argument in favour of the billionaire class)
Full show notes can be found at tomstuandyou.com
Like us on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram @tomstuandyou or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, thoughts, or queries you have on the topics we’ve discussed or any suggestions of topics you’d like to hear us address.
Thanks so much for your support!